- I am a certified Simply Music teacher, teaching students ages 7 to 77, from beginners to late-intermediate students.
- Simply Music, the world leader in playing-based music instruction, temporarily delays music reading and immerses students in the experience of immediately playing great-sounding music.
- Most students are taught in weekly classes of two to four students, matched by age and skill-level. There are many benefits to this kind of learning environment and, contrary to popular belief, group learning with this method is actually MORE EFFECTIVE than private lessons. But private instruction is available for special circumstances.
- Due to the Corona virus, all lessons – both private and group – are currently being held online. Online lessons are also available for students not within driving distance to my studio. Online lessons offer the same personalized, interactive and creative lesson structure as in-person lessons. All you need to get started is a keyboard, device with a camera (laptop, tablet or smart-phone) and a stable, high-speed internet connection.
- Students explore a variety of musical styles: classical, contemporary, gospel, jazz and blues as well as accompaniment style playing (lead sheets or chord charts). Fun and simple composition and improvisation projects enhance the learner’s creativity.
- Music reading is taught after the student has a broad musical foundation and uses a multi-sensory intervallic/landmark note approach.
- You can download the Simply Music Curriculum Overview below for a detailed explanation of the Simply Music Piano method.
“I have seen a lot of music programs over the years. Some were fun. Some were clever. Some were thorough. Here’s one that has it all. In terms of presentation, effectiveness, philosophy—you name it—there’s nothing out there that compares at all.”
— Mary Pride, Publisher, Practical Homeschool Magazine